Fundamentals of Supervision
Effective supervision requires that managers balance the needs of employees with the needs of their organization. This interactive presentation teaches participants how to accomplish this "balancing act" through the use of group activities and other interactive techniques.
1. To understand the characteristics and traits of effective supervisors
2. To recognize and utilize the interpersonal communication and behavior styles of oursleves and others in order to supervise and manage effectively.
3. To examine supervision and motivation in light of proven motivational theories.
4. To examine effective and ineffective supervisory approaches to delegation.
5. To explore some of the challenges of organizational communication.
6. To learn how to handle and document performance appraisals and disciplinary procedures.
7. To learn how to coach employees to effective performance.
Supervisors, managers and team leaders.
Full-day presentation that can be customized to shorter time frames
1. Projector & screen for PowerPoint
2. Flipchart, easel & markers