Birds of a Feather: Improving Communication & Listening Skills
Of all the skills that may be developed, none are more important than the ability to communicate, in general, and listen, in particular. In this interactive class, participants will learn how to recognize and utilize communication and behavior styles to ensure that "messages sent" are equal to "messages received" by others.
1. To define and understand key elements of the communication process.
2. To examine the impact of personal "filters" on the communication process.
3. To compare the advantages and disadvantages of one-way and two-way communication.
4. To learn how to develop and improve "active" listening skills to overcome common roadblocks to effective listening.
5. To avoid assumptions that can lead to miscommunication both orally and in writing.
6. To explore the impact of nonverbal messages on the communication process.
Full-day presentation that can be customized to shorter time frames
1. Projector & screen for PowerPoint and video
2. Flipchart & markers