Birds of a Feather: Managing Interpersonal Conflict
When managing conflicts with "difficult" people, are you a "raven", "hawk", "swan" or "sparrow"? One of the secrets to conflict management is to treat others as individuals and recognize their points of view. In this highly-interactive workshop, you will learn how to recognize the conflict management styles of yourself and others and use proven strategies for effectively managing disagreements and resolving conflicts.
1. To recognize and utilize the conflict management styles of ourselves and others in order to manage conflict and communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
2. To learn how to minimize conflict and resentment when speaking up for respect in the workplace.
3. To understand how "double loop learning" impacts the conflict management process.
4. To develop an ability to relate to other points of view in a way that facilitates conflict resolution.
5. To appreciate a "win-win" approach to conflict management in workplace situations.
Full-day presentation that can be customized to shorter time frames
1. Projector & screen for PowerPoint and video
2. Flipchart & markers